VoicePing has recently developed a Google Chrome extension for a better desktop experience. With a Chrome App, you do not need to ask your IT administrator to install a new Windows program. As long as you have a supported Chrome browser, you can run VoicePing on your desktop.
This means you can Push to Talk, Copy and Paste Text and receive pictures from your desktop.
Here is the step-by-step of how to install it on your desktop:
The easiest way is to follow the instructions here: http://www.voicepingapp.com/blog/voiceping-chrome-app
This page is for if the easy method does not work for you
1. All the files required for installation can be found here.
2. From the above link, download file 2-ChromeAppRuntime.crx to your computer.
3. Open Google Chrome and type chrome://extensions/ on the address bar to go into Chrome extension.
4. Drag the downloaded 2-ChromeAppRuntime.crx file to Chrome extension. There will be a prompt to install after a minute, choose Yes.
5. Download file 3-VoicePing280 from the above link.
6. On Chrome extension, choose Developer Mode.
7. Choose Load Unpacked Menu. Choose the 3-VoicePing280 file folder that you downloaded previously. Press OK to unpack it to Chrome.
8. VoicePing is now installed as an app on your Chrome. Type chrome://apps to see VoicePing as a Chrome App.
9. Click Launch to open the app. You can also right click to add it as an App that you can run via Windows Programs.
If your Google Chrome doesn’t work, you can do any of the two options below:
A. Install Chrome Beta v67. Follow these steps below:
- Download file 1b. Chrome Beta.zip from the above link.
- Unzip the file.
- Run the Chrome.exe file inside the folder.
B. Install Chrome v62. Follow these steps below:
- Uninstall the Chrome on your computer first.
- Download file 1c. chrome64_62.0.3202.75.exe from the above link.
- Run the file to install Chrome v62 on your computer.
- After the installation is completed, you need to disable Chrome Update:
- Open C:\Program Files\Google\Update OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update if your computer is in x64 systems.
- Rename GoogleUpdate.exe to GoogleUpdateOld.exe.
- Verify that Update fails.
After you’ve done any of the above options (A or B), you can follow step 2 to 9 to install and start using VP Chrome App on your computer.